Monday, April 12, 2010

About My Term Research Paper

How you did your research.
I used the Baruch library databases to do my research. I find these databases very helpful because it allows you to cite your sources and it gives you a lot of excellent information.

What you found in your research; what you learned.
I learned so much when i was doing my research. I am a user of social networking sites and i learned how helpful these sites can be when it comes to being safe and private online. I use Facebook almost every day and i learned how this can affect my life now and in the future. I also learned how businesses and corporations use these sites to their advantage. The way the internet has been used is fascinating, and the research indicates that this trend will continue in more creative and provocative ways.


Why you chose your topic
I choose this topic because i thought that it was very interesting and important to my life.

Your major findings / conclusions
i found that these social networking sites are so popular, everybody has them and they need to be used as the tools they are but also with caution and moderation. anything in excess can be bad and like with all things social networking has its pros and cons in general and also in a business sense.


How your paper contributes to the field of "new media"
well, i am discussing and shedding some light social networking sites, the pros the cons, benefits and the dangers. Social networking has become a firm part of new media with in the last couple of years, and it is important to explore these boundaries and see how much they have changed things from the past and how they will continue to change in the future. My paper explores this thus contributing to the information we have about new media.

No comments:

Post a Comment