Friday, April 16, 2010

Our Class Wiki - So Far

Well I have given myself the task of contributer to the wiki page New Media and Privacy issues. I haven't actually posted anything yet because i am still a little confused on how to add content and all that but i have been using the Baruch College databases to collect my information. I find that the databases give an array of credible sources with out having to resort to Google searching. I also like the databases because they help you to site your sources. I have found research on the dangers and the lack of privacy on social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook. Also found research on how peoples information is not safe online. Companies trade and sell peoples personal information, and this is where i am focusing my researching. I am hoping to actually add my contributions over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Beata Mavridis said...

    I believe that security and privacy depend just on our smart decision not to share our personal information, including pictures with everyone but with people we already know. Sharing too much info with "new friends" on social sites can be risky.

    ReplyDelete